Welcome to the LaSalle II PTO page! The PTO at LaSalle 2 is made up of teachers, staff and all parents and guardians of our students…if your kid goes to LaSalle 2 congratulations, you’re a full voting member of the PTO.
The PTO charges no dues for membership. Although we are a 501c-3 charity and fundraising is always primary in our mission, fundraising simply provides the monetary ammunition for the real work of the PTO- making parent’s voices heard.
The PTO facilitates communication in our school community via the Google Group and at our meetings and monthly coffees. The PTO takes parent concerns or big ideas to the administration and or the LSC, and through our committees has made real change for our LS2 kids and contributes greatly to our school culture.
Some of our accomplishments so far:
- Through our Capital Campaign monies raised were leveraged for the renovation of the campus. The gardens, outdoor classrooms, playground and murals were all parent driven, community initiatives. The Capital Campaign continues today focusing on lobby and gym refurbishment, finishing the final campus phase-the field. Plans are also being formulated for the improvement of our Cafeteria.
- We created a Parent Room for all parents to have a place to meet to conduct committee meetings, have coffee, or just hang out before or after chaperoning a field trip.
- We formed committees to improve the culture of language in the school, to explore the idea of a World Language High School and to spearhead wellness initiatives.
- The PTO sponsors music activities in the school, supports our teachers with monies for supplies and professional development.
- The PTO takes parent concerns and helps bring real change to issues as varied as recess, homework, testing and bullying.
The only thing missing from the PTO is you. Your voice, your talents, your insights are vital to making the PTO a partner in the education of our children. Please feel welcome to bring any ideas or feedback to our meetings-you’ll be glad you did!
President – Eric Monson, [email protected]
Vice-President Fundraising – Angela Liegel
Vice-President Innovation/Outreach- Wendy Weingarten
Secretary – Aura Bernson
Treasurer – Dave Yuen
Playground and Infrastructure Committee
- Carrie Davis
Room Parent Committee
- Nicole Hasan
- Maral Eidell
- Darcy Maxim-Otterbacher
L2 Men’s Association
- Katie Haviland
- Philip Jones