From Ms Aquino
Congrats to our 8th Graders who participated in a Model UN Simulation! Model United Nations is an authentic simulation of the UN General Assembly, UN Security Council, or other multilateral body, which introduces students to the world of diplomacy, negotiation, and decision making.
At Model UN, students step into the shoes of ambassadors of countries that are members of the UN, from Argentina to Zimbabwe. The students, better known as “delegates”, debate current issues on the organization’s vast agenda. They prepare draft resolutions, plot strategy, negotiate with supporters and adversaries, resolve conflicts, and navigate the UN’s rules of procedure – all in the interest of resolving problems that affect the world.
Our student winners included:
- Maia C., International Monetary Fund, Jordan – Verbal (good speaking award)
- Ashton M., General Assembly, Cameroon – Honorable Mention
- Edgar M., International Monetary Fund, Cameroon – Best Position Paper
- Ariana K. General Assembly, France – Best Position Paper
- Quin C. & Ashley R., Historical Security Council, France – Best Delegate