All LaSalle II families are invited to join us for the Second Annual World Language Fest – a fun, free event for the entire family!
THURSDAY, JANUARY 29, 2015 – 4:30-7:00 P.M. LASALLE II MAIN BUILDING & GYM
Experience dance, music, art, and food representing countries where our school’s four languages – Arabic, Chinese, French and Spanish – are spoken.
- Sample and buy traditional food sold by the students raising money for their spring trip to Madrid
- Make authentic crafts at the Language Activity Tables
- Chat with the LaSalle II World Language Teachers
ENJOY THE FOLLOWING IN THE GYM:
At 5:00 and 6:30 professional group “Lamajamal” will perform songs from the Arabic, Chinese, French and Spanish cultures featuring traditional instruments.
And in between, see what we are learning:
- 5:20 – Traditional Mexican folk dances by Pre-K through 3rd gr. students taught by BAC
- 5:30 — Chinese Songs and Rhymes by Ms. Wang’s K and 1st gr. Chinese students
- 5:40 – Egyptian sa’eedi dance by Mr. Fawzy’s 4th & 5th gr. Arabic students
- 5:50 – Planning for 7th & 8th Graders’ trips abroad & highlights of upcoming trips to Spain, China and Canada
- 6:10– Short orations by Mr. Saintus’ French students
- 6:20- — Arabic Percussion Music by Mr. Fawzy’s 8th gr. Arabic students