Committee Objective: To develop a World Language, Culture and Business High School for the students of LaSalle II and other CPS Language Academies
Current Initiatives include:
- Working with CPS to try to develop a World Language High School
- Working with DePaul and University of Chicago language education departments to develop curriculum
- Identifying and securing commitments from government, business and cultural partners to establish school and language and cultural programs and internships.
- Organized exploratory committee with all four CPS Language Academies (LaSalle, LaSalle II, Andrew Jackson, Murray)
- Identified potential underutilized or vacant locations
- Met with DePaul language education department heads; Prepared slide deck for CPS, parents, etc.
- Arranged meeting with CPS Chief New Schools, Chief Transformation Officer, International School Administration and Transformation and Chief Officer for Office of College and Career Success