LaSalle II parents!
LaSalle II would like to formally invite all middle school families to attend our upcoming high school fair this Saturday, October 17, from 10:00-11:30am at our school. Dozens of schools will be in attendance, including neighborhood, selective enrollment, magnet, charter, and private high schools. The best way to explore options for high school is to talk to these representatives.
Our counselor, Ms. Sapieka, will also be presenting on the high school application process in Chicago, as well as making appointments for upcoming one-on-one meetings as needed for students and families.
For additional high school information, please visit Ms. Sapieka’s classroom page HERE. You can also get to the counselor page from the staff page of the LaSalle II website or by clicking ‘school counselor’ from the ‘families’ tab on the website.
Hope to see you!
Professional School Counselor
LaSalle II Magnet Elementary School
[heading_2 type=”simple”]Upcoming HS Fair at LS2![/heading_2]
On Saturday, October 17, from 10:00-11:30am LaSalle II will be hosting a joint High School Fair with four other area elementary schools. Dozens of high schools will be in attendance, and all different types of schools will be represented (i.e. neighborhood, selective enrollment, magnet, charter, pri- vate.) Please RSVP to Ms. Sapieka by Friday, October 16 if you plan to attend. All 8th grade stu- dents and parents are strongly encouraged to come!
[heading_2 type=”simple”]Which Schools Will Be Represented?[/heading_2]
- Boys Hope Girls Hope of Illinois
- Chicago Academy for the Arts
- Chicago Tech
- CICS Chicago Quest
- De La Salle
- Holy Trinity High School
- Instituto Health Sciences Career Academy
- Intrinsic High School
- Lane Tech
- Lincoln Park High School
- Noble Network
- Noble-Pritzker and Academy
- North Lawndale College Prep
- Phoenix Military High School
- Regina Dominican High School
- Schurz/Schurz (IB)
- Selective Prep (Test Prep)
- Whitney Young
- DeVry University Advantage Academy
- Senn High School/Senn IB
- Von Steuben High School
- Rickover Naval
- RTC Med Prep (Crane)
- Young Women’s Leadership Charter School
[heading_2 type=”simple”]Why come to a High School Fair?[/heading_2]
There are so many choices in Chicago and the application process can be very confusing. The only way to stay on top of making the best choice is to be active and engaged with our school events, school counselor, and teachers!
[heading_2 type=”simple”]Application Procedure Presentation[/heading_2]
During the fair, Ms. Sapieka will make a presentation on the CPS High School Application process and be there to answer any questions you may have. We will also have schedules to sign up for one- on-one meetings, if needed, and group application completion sessions. If you are unable to be there on October 17, contact Ms. Sapieka about signing up.
- Go to apply.cps.edu for all CPS high school applications
- Deadline to submit applications is December 11, 2015, 11:59pm
- PIN number is required to begin any CPS application (these were distributed to students in Eligibility Letters last month)
- Don’t wait until the last minute! Begin your applications now!