On Saturday, March 29th at 11am we will hold an Open House for prospective PreK families and for families accepted through the lottery for 2014-2015.
On Thursday 2/27 our Boys Basketball teams will host
McClellan Elementary School at the LaSalle II gym for two games
5/6 plays at 4:30 pm
7/8 plays at 5:30 pm
The new scoreboard in our gym made this possible!
Since our seating area is very limited, any student who wants to attend the game must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. The same applies to the visiting school.
On March 26th, 2014 from 8:00-11:00am in-take representatives from Chicago: Ready to Learn will be at LaSalle II to process applications for 2014-2015 Preschool Enrollment.
For more information, please visit www.cps.edu/readytolearn
One document from each category is required with your application submission.
Proof of Child’s Age:
-Original Birth Certificate
-State Issued Medical Card
Proof of Residency:
-Current Voter’s Registration Card
-Rental Agreement/Mortgage Statement
-State ID Card
Proof of Current Income of Parent/Guardian of Child:
-Current Pay Stub
-W2- 1040 Tax Form
-Social Security Income Letter
-Shelter Placement Letter
-Self-Employment Tax Statement
-Official Child Support Letter
-Bank Statement (for direct deposit)
-Income Verification Form
[heading_3 type=”simple”]LaSalle II’s most important fundraiser of the year[/heading_3]
[heading_4 type=”simple”]Will be Saturday, April 5th | 6:00–10:00 pm[/heading_4]
[heading_4 type=”simple”]At Coöp Gym | 210 S. Morgan[/heading_4]
Come in costume for this year’s ROARING 20’s themed event! Join LII friends for cocktails and dinner while we “Jazz Up LaSalle II” by bidding on exciting live and silent auction items.
Dollars raised go toward (but not limited to): Infrastructure and campus upgrades, playground renovation, kiss & go support, after-school programming, language events, our growing intramural sports and more!
Individual Tickets: $60 each
Couples Tickets: $100 for two
Sponsor a Teacher: $40
[button link=”https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwbP1bQVZ4Rrby1ONUlLQVdMVjlfRzJLSzdlNDFWU0h6dnpV/edit?usp=sharing” linking=”new-window” size=”medium” type=”wide” title=”Spring Thaw Registration Form”]Spring Thaw Registration Form[/button]
Donations are also welcome if you can’t make it to the event!
Let’s Swing It!
Due to extreme cold, all CPS schools will be closed on both Monday, Jan 27 and Tuesday, Jan 28. The boys basketball games scheduled for Monday and Tuesday will be rescheduled.
CPS is calling everyone. If you don’t get a call, please stop by the office when school opens to update your contact information. We are also emailing an announcement to our school email list. Please sign up for our news and announcements on the following page if you don’t get an email.
[button link=”/get-involved/sign-up-for-our-newsletter/” linking=”default” size=”medium” type=”simple” title=”Sign Up for News”]Sign Up for News[/button]
The Office of Local School Council Relations is currently recruiting judges to serve in the upcoming 2014 Local School Council elections held on:
- April 7, Elementary Schools
- April 8, High Schools
Applications and all other LSC election information are available at:
- Office of LSC Relations, 125 S. Clark, 5th Floor, Suite 502
All participating judges will be paid $140 for working the entire day.
- Receive two-hour training.
- Be at the assigned school at 5:30 a.m.
- Setup polls, conduct election until all votes are counted and final results are turned in to the principal.
Applications, including IRS W-9 Form and W-9 Contact Form, must be completed and submitted to any CPS school or to the Office of LSC Relations by March 7.
For more information, please contact the Office of Local School Council Relations at (773)553-1400.
Please see the communication below from CPS regarding the make-up days for January 6th and January 7th. Be sure to note that some changes apply only to high schools and NOT elementary schools.
Please be advised that CPS has made changes to its academic calendar for this school year in part to ensure that parents have a full opportunity to attend parent-teacher conferences and participate in Local School Council elections and in part to make-up the recent snow days for students.
Changes to the Calendar Affecting Elementary, Middle Schools and Early Childhood Centers Students.
• March 28th, which was not a school day for elementary school students, will now become a student attendance day to make up for the January 6th snow day.
• June 11th, which was the first day of students’ summer break, will become a student attendance day to make up for the January 7th snow day.
• June 12th will become the first day of elementary and middle school students’ summer break.
• June 23rd will be the first day of summer programs for elementary and middle school students.
Changes to the Calendar Affecting High School Students:
• March 28th, which was not a school day for students, will now become a regular school day for all high school students to make up for the January 6th snow day.
• April 7th, which was a parent-teacher conference (report card pick-up) day and not a school day for high school students, is now a regular school day for high school students (but remains a day off for elementary and middle school students).
• April 8th, which was a regular school day for all students will become the high school parent-teacher conference day. April 8th will now be a day off for high school students (but will remain a regular school day for elementary school students).
• June 11th, which was the first day of students’ summer break, will become a regular school day for high school students.
• June 12th will become the first day of summer break for all high school students.
• June 23rd will be the first day of summer programs for high school students.
Chicago Public Schools has announced that due to frigid temperatures schools will again be closed tomorrow, Tuesday, January 7th, 2014.
Please note that we anticipate school will be back in session on Wednesday, January 8th. Drop-off and pick-up will follow normal protocols and procedures.
As of 5:30pm on Sunday evening, CPS has cancelled school for Monday, January 6th due to frigid temperatures.
Due to the inclement weather and dangerously low temperatures predicted for Monday, January 6th, the January 6th LSC meeting has been cancelled. The next regularly scheduled LSC meeting is set for February 3, 2014 at 6pm.