Please come prepared for pictures on Thursday, 9/28. You can order picture packages with the forms that go home in backpacks or online. No checks are accepted. Cash, money order, or an online order confirmation can be sent with the forms. Online orders should be placed on the photographer’s website:
We will be hosting several Open Houses for prospective families who are interested in applying for admission for the 2018-2019 school year. Open Houses will be held at 4pm on the dates listed below. The tours will start in the Main Lobby of the school at 1148 N Honore St.
Tours are planned on the following dates:
- October 2
- November 6
- December 4
- January 8
- February 5
- March 5
- April 2
- May 7
- June 4
Please note that we do not have availability for private tours, so please make sure to attend one of these dates if you are interested in visiting the school.
Please click the link below to find the supply lists for grades K-8. Note that the supply lists are in one document, so please scroll through to your correct grade level.
Congratulations to our May/June SOAR students for their hard work in showing either Safety, Ownership, Achievement or Respect.
This year LaSalle II was selected as part of a pilot program and our 5th and 8th grade students had the opportunity to earn the CPS Seal of Biliteracy. In order to qualify, student had to demonstrate proficiency on the APPL test. This provides a pathway to the State Seal of Biliteracy that students can earn in 12th Grade.
Below is a list of students who earned the designation.
- Chinese: John L. and Kelli V.
- French: Ivo H., Sara L., and Lyric N.
- Spanish: Madelyn L., Grant L., Kylie O., Sabrina O., Dalton P., Daniel A., Melissa S., Sophia S., Erin Wheeler, Gabrielle Wilson, and Robert Zavala
- Spanish: Karla D., Angel A., and Eric S.
The LaSalle II Elementary Science Olympiad team competed this past weekend. Overall, we placed in 9 out of 12 different competitions.
- Aerodynamics: Pharaoh A, Evan B, Daniel T – 3rd Place
- Anatomy: Taelor P, Biko H, Evan B – 3rd Place
- Backyard Biologist: Giulia B, Maia W, Samia J – 3rd Place
- Bridge Building: Arielle B, Gabriela M, Taelor P – 2nd Place
- Junk Cars: Ryan W, Henry B, Giulia B – 1st Place
- Metric Mastery: Vaeda V, Noah D., Dries H – 1st Place
- Mystery Powders: Alex V, Varun S, Joaquin I – 1st Place
- Rock Hound: Biko H, Beno D, and Noah P – 2nd Place
- Trageggtory: Noah P., Asha, Beno – 1st Place
- Weather or Not: Elih E, Alex V, Joaquin I – 3rd Place
Congratulations to our students and their teacher sponsors, Mr. Taff and Ms. Aquino, for their hard work and dedication!
Over the years, the district has heard from families about the importance of having a choice in selecting which high school provides the best match for their child’s needs. We’ve also heard that applying to high school can be frustrating and confusing. So this year, Chicago Public Schools has completely revamped its high school application process for students that will be freshman in the 2018-19 school year with the launch of GoCPS, a new website where students and families will be able to:
- Review school and program options in one place
- Rank these school and program choices based on their preferences
- Be matched with their highest possible choice for high school
We encourage each of you to subscribe by clicking the link below. This will allow you to receive important updates and announcements about this process. This is especially important for our current 6th and 7th graders.
In order to make this process more transparent, we will be providing LaSalle II Wait List updates here so that families can monitor their status.
Technology is very helpful in our classrooms. Students use portable devices like Chromebooks to do research. Our teachers also use chromebooks to provide personalized math, social studies, and reading activities using resources like IXL, Xtramath, Read Theory, and Raz Kids. Many of the assessment tests are done on Chromebooks now too so that everyone doesn’t have to use the PCs in the computer lab.
LaSalle 2 PTO recently raised $18K to purchase 2 carts of Chromebooks as a big step in offering portable technology throughout our classrooms. The school now has 9 traveling carts containing 32 Chromebooks each, and most classrooms have the carts for some part of their week.
Two additional Chromebook carts would be put to use immediately if we had them. Please join the other families who are using the monthly donation option as their way of contributing to the LaSalle II PTO Campaign for Excellence. A donation of $50 per month will cover the cost of two Chromebooks towards our goal. Donations of any amount are always appreciated.