Room 101 will be celebrating the “Week Of The Young Child” April 24th – April 28th.
“What is the Week of the Young Child™? The Week of the Young Child™ is an annual celebration sponsored by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the world’s largest early childhood education association, with nearly 80,000 members and a network of over 300 local, state, and regional Affiliates.
The purpose of the Week of the Young Child™ is to focus public attention on the needs of young children and their families and to recognize the early childhood programs and services that meet those needs.
NAEYC first established the Week of the Young Child™ in 1971, recognizing that the early childhood years (birth through age 8) lay the foundation for children’s success in school and later life. The Week of the Young Child™ is a time to plan how we—as citizens of a community, of a state, and of a nation—will better meet the needs of all young children and their families.”
We will celebrate the following days:
- April 24, 2017 “Music Monday” – We will dance at our morning circle times.
- April 25, 2017 “Tasty Tuesday” – We read a book about vegetables.
- April 26, 2017 “Work Together Wednesday”- We will work to create buildings as a group.
- April 27, 2017 “Artsy Thursday” – We will use a variety of media to create art work.
- April 28, 2017 – “Family Friday” – We will send home a parent and child activity for our families to do together.
We are looking forward to celebrating our youngest learners!